Rules

- When it's your turn, choose a book and announce it to the club
- Only choose books with 1,000 pages or less
- Freely post about the book during the two period
- And then it's on to the next one...

What's the point? Just have fun. Broaden horizons. Read and dare yourself to think outside of your box.

Book Club Members (In order of birthday month and book selection)

  • Jailyn
  • Candace
  • Christopher
  • Krystle
  • Nicole
  • Raquel

Sunday, June 6, 2010

The converstation that I have been waiting for!

I've been waiting to read this book for months. I previously read Letters to a Young Sister by Hill Harper and I really enjoyed it. Like The Conversation this information may be common sense to some of us but not so common for others. The reality that relationships in the black community are in trouble go beyond this book. I'm sure that there are many other reasons that our relationships at in trouble that we can come up it.

I really appreciate how Hill is taking account (at least in this book) for his actions and how cowardly has specifically he has been in the past. I don't like when men try to apologize for all black men instead just taking account for themselves. Hill is putting himself out there in a way that he hasn't done in the book previously mentioned that I read. He is not perfect at all and he has flaws that have made me say "Hey I met you before."

The references to older married couples are the ones I appreciate the most. I can appreciate their years of experience. The single opinionated people are to me just that single and opinionated!

Going to read again and I'll be back!!!

1 comment:

  1. LOL at single and opinionated...so true...they seem bitter about life in general. But I think that is a cry for help and bigger issues.

    ReplyDelete